We conducted a state-of-the-art approach in the treatment and follow-up of the various urologic tumours.
Uro-oncology is the part of urology that deals with the study of urological tumours, establishing diagnostic and therapeutic tests and individualised follow-up for each patient, as well as determining the most appropriate treatment.
It covers the diagnosis and treatment of the following types of cancer:
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
In addition, it also address less common conditions such as:
- Tumours of penis
- Partial penectomy, emasculation
- Inguinal lymphadenectomy
- Ablation of suspicious lesions by laser
- Adrenal tumours
- Diagnosis and treatment in collaboration with the endocrinology service
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques (laparoscopic adrenalectomy)
- Urethral tumours
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Retroperitoneal tumours and neighbouring organs (digestive, gynecological):
- Diagnosis and treatment in collaboration with the Onco- Gynecology Service, and Digestive Surgery.
- Surgical techniques combined:
- Removal of retroperitoneal tumours
- Anterior media, back or complete pelvic exenteration, with urinary diversion